Friday, February 6, 2009

Stillwater Farm II


This past week I again traveled back to Stillwater Farm in Sterling, MA. This time I tried to take more time to study the little details that make that place so interesting. The history and weathering on everything there is really cool and the more I look the more I appreciate this place that I have seen so many times. I think Frank is right though. I really haven't received permission from the farm to take pictures of it. I need to spend a lot more time really studying and examining every part. I also need to try some different times of day. I have seen it many times as the sun sets behind the woods, but I need to see what sunrise looks like there. This weekend will give me that opportunity. I will also be inside the barn fairly soon which should be a lot of fun! In the meantime, this is a picture that I took last weekend as the snow and ice was beginning to melt off the side of the barn. I like the way the slopes move toward one another with the ice and the wet siding. The icicles were really beautiful down on the foundation as they melted and fell off. Hopefully this weekend's warmer weather will let me take some better pictures.

P.S. I have not done much to this photo and it was editted on my computer, so if the colors look a little off that's probably why.

No comments: