Friday, February 13, 2009

Ideas Coming Together



This week I visited both the Stillwater Farm and took some pictures there at sunrise. I really did like the light better than the ones I took in the afternoon. However, it was overcast that morning and I would like to see it with full light on the barn. It was fun to see it at that time of day. I think I got some good pictures from this shoot, but the dull light and lack of sleep left me a little aggravated so I took a break during the day and in the afternoon I walked down my street to one of my neighbors. Ever since I really started getting seriously into cars, I have been making mental notes about who has what car and where they are located. I know it's kind of weird, but I can remember people fairly well by what car they drive. Knowing about this Chevy, I asked my neighbor if I could photograph it and after a little coaxing she agreed to let me take some pictures. As I walked down to it, I realized how tucked away it is. It sits in a little fenced in area along with her garbage cans and other miscellaneous car parts. However, from the street you can just see the front end barely poking out. It looked so lonely and forgotten and just as I got down to it and was about ten minutes into shooting, the clouds broke and the afternoon sunlight cast this golden light on all the chrome. I realized the potential still left in the car and started taking pictures as quickly as I could while still being thoughtful. Afterwards I felt re-energized. Whereas the morning at the barn left me a little disappointed, the car photo shoot really cheered me up. I plan to revisit both places this weekend (time permitting since it's my Mom's birthday). In addition, I'm trying to recall those mental notes about cars I know in town and hopefully I can started visiting them too.

1 comment:

pitchertaker said...

Damn, Dan, after the build-up about the old Chevy, man what a tease. Grrrrrr....no pix!