Friday, January 30, 2009

Sacred Wall




While I was at the Stillwater Farm this past week I took a few shots of a wall that had been tacked on the side of the barn many years ago. Over the years, weather and fire have taken its toll on the wall. What remains is one of the most interesting collections of textures and colors found on the farm. It is one of those places that I have seen many times, but never really stopped to think about how cool looking it really is. Unfortunately, the good stuff is higher than I can reach, but with a loaned tripod I think I can shoot it without too much trouble. I like this area because it reminds me of a simpler time. When I visit this farm, even though it is right next to a major road it feels quieter. I can relax there (even though there have been many stressful deadlines faced there) and now I feel that I can explore it freely. I think this will be a fun place to explore photographically. I should be able to get permission to go inside soon which I am really excited to share with everyone. Anyways, these shots are from that outside wall with the bottom photo showing the entire wall. The way I'm thinking right now about my semester project is to try to take a lot of pictures of this barn (since it is easily accessible) and incorporate some junkyard pictures with them to show how the "Yankee" structures of days gone by have stood up to time. Hopefully I will have more pictures uploaded by the end of the weekend!

No comments: