Friday, April 3, 2009

One Month to Go



Things are coming fast. It amazes me that in one month we will all be on summer vacation and even more amazing that next year will be my last year as an undergrad. With the nice weather finally here and tons of work piled on the inbox, its hard to concentrate on actually getting things done. Last weekend was a welcome reprieve from school though. I got back to the Mustang Farm and spent much more time shooting there. The first thing I wanted to shoot was something that had been haunting me since I first saw it. When I first saw the rusting school bus I was immediately drawn to it. I wasn't able to get any pictures of it on my first visit, but something about the way it sat tilted in the ground with large chunks of it missing and an old wooden wheeled car sitting on top of it all called out to me. It was the quintessential junkyard find. It was also the brightest vehicles in the whole yard. The yellow paint was starting to turn orange in areas because of the rust running down the sides. The image I have here is cropped from the original which I feel did make it better (thanks for the advice everybody). The other two images were taken at the same place. The more abstract one was actually taken as a bit of an afterthought. I thought the roof of that car looked kind of cool so I lifted the camera over my head and shot a few without really looking at them. I'm happy that that one came out well. The middle one was one that I feel fits in very well with the other pictures I took this semester. It is very similar to a few others I have shot in that it focuses in on one door with a look through the dirty, dingy glass. I'm really looking forward to finishing editting the rest of these photos and continuing to put them into some sort of final project. I'm leaning toward making a book right now so I have a lot of work ahead of me for the next few weeks!

No comments: