Friday, April 10, 2009

More From the Farm




This is the second set from the photos I took at the Mustang Farm. I have been going through them as fast as I can so that I can get to doing final edits for the semester. These were some of my favorites out of the shoot. It was fun to go through the pictures though this week and see the progression during the shoot. I saw how awful some of the first photos, a peak about at the middle of the shoot, and the end photos were again awful. I must have gotten more burned out by the end of the day than I remember feeling. I like the first photo because of how cool the pile of hubcaps looked. There were hundreds of shiny hubcaps and wheels there which looked so out of place among the heaps of rust surrounding it. I hoping to generate the same reaction when I slip one of these hubcap pictures into the final portfolio. The other three photos are very much like the others I intend to put into the final. I really liked the way the colors appeared on the second photo along with the peeling and rust. The bottom picture had a beautiful gold color that amazingly remained after years of being left out in the weather. It amazes me sometimes how well these cars stand up to the elements. While doing this shoot I walked by a car with a leather interior that was nearly perfect, yet the outside was full of holes and will probably cave in with one nudge. I also liked the silver trim against that dirty gold background.

Over the next two weeks I will be posting photos the I hope to get into my final portfolio. Please let me know what you think!

1 comment:

pitchertaker said...

Bottom image is a winner, for sure. Your hubcap image reminded me of one I shot back in the early 90's -- http://www.frankarmstrong.net/gallery/album56/1990C0701SabinsvillePA_HubCapWall and
http://www.frankarmstrong.net/gallery/album56/1990C0703_SabinsvillePA_HubCapBarn2