Friday, March 27, 2009

Cars and Barns


This week was not too productive on the new photos front, but I did get some time to go through my photos from this semester to start to pull together something for my final project. I would really like to make a book. I feel that it would be a good way to have something substantial to show after several semesters of work. I really hope that this will not be the last photo class I take here at Clark, but I have no idea what next year's schedule will look like. A book would be a nice way to finish off it that's the way it has to be.

The two images are ones that I hope to put into the book. They are not final edits, but they are getting closer. I think the top one benefited from the crop we discussed in class. By letting that red color dominate the top and sides of the frame it becomes a little more important and I think it focuses the image. I really like how that one has come out so far with that shadow that lines up right in the cut out of red. I would like to get several more like this at the same time of the day.

The second image is from the Mustang Farm that I visited two weeks ago. I feel that it is still a bit under saturated, but in general I like the way it came out. I have always loved the way old cars and trucks seem to be peering out of the weeds sometimes. This abandoned Ford has definitely seen better days and with that one headlight looking out makes me think of all the forgotten memories this truck has been a part of. I will be returning to the Farm on Saturday to take a whole bunch of photos. Should be an exciting weekend!

No comments: