Friday, March 13, 2009

Something Different




This past week was spring break and I must say it was a needed and welcome break. I didn't do a whole lot of work, but it felt really good to just relax for awhile. I did however get to go down to the Cape at the end of the break which was awesome because I had not been down there since September. My brother also came down to shoot some event photos for a photography class he is taking. The pictures above all came from the St. Patricks Day parade in Dennis and Yarmouth. It was kind of strange to see St Paddys day stuff so early, but it was truly a fun day. I never realized how many true Irish people lived down on the Cape. The shoot was a lot of fun because although I like people photography I never really spend a lot of time doing it. I think I am slowly developing my comfort level with walking up to a stranger and taking their picture, but I always end up taking other pictures. I know I need to force myself to develop this and hopefully this will be a turning point in that endeavor. It was also fun because this was the first serious shoot I have done with my new camera since it was fixed. I think the pictures it is taking are excellent and I am very happy with them.

Tomorrow (actually today looking according to the clock) I will be traveling to Wrentham to visit Tosy's Mustang Farm to find some parts for my 82 Mustang and to take some photos of the cars in the junkyard. I'm very excited about seeing this place in person because I have heard a lot about it on the internet and it sounds like there is a huge selection of Mustangs and Fords tucked away there. Off to bed for an early rise!

1 comment:

pitchertaker said...

He grow them on trees????