Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mustang Farm




This was a great week! I finally feel like I found a place I can spend a lot of time photographing. I traveled to Wrentham over the weekend to visit Tosy's Mustang Farm. I had read about this place on several websites I frequently visit and knew it was going to be a great place, but nothing could have prepared me for what I found. There were rows upon rows of Mustangs from 1964 to the late 1990s. Mixed among them were other Fords of various ages and conditions and a smattering of Ramblers, Volvo's, Dodges, and Chevy's. As I walked farther and farther back into the junkyard the cars got older and the photographic opportunities greatly increased. There are hundreds if not thousands of photographs to take there of aging paint and metal. In addition, this will be a great place to visit through the years to find parts and project cars. The pictures posted here are just a small showing of the photos I will take here. I did not take a lot of pictures on my first visit because I was unsure what their policy was. Some junkyard owners are very picky about people taking pictures, but after paying for a part and asking the owner he said it would be fine to take as many pictures as I wanted. Next weekend I will be going back hopefully on Thursday and Saturday to get a ton of pictures. I cannot wait to get back in there and uncover the stories those cars would like to tell.

No comments: