Friday, September 26, 2008

Learning Photoshop


I feel like I made some significant steps forward this week in learning Photoshop. I took this picture while I was on the Cape in Yarmouth. The picture started out pretty mediocre. The foreground was way too dark and the sky was too light, so I tried merging two photos together for the first time which was really exciting. I opened the same image twice in Photoshop, adjusted the images, then overlayed them. I used the eraser to take out the foreground on one and with a little more adjustment it came out like you see it here. I still would like to open up the shadows in the foreground which Frank said he would help me with, but I really look forward to what I will do next. It really is incredible the things you can do with Photoshop.

Once everything was done on this photo I like it a lot more. I have always like photos where the sunlight pierces through the clouds and I think the dark rolling clouds in this photo make the sky more impressive. I also liked this location because of the long boardwalk that seems to stretch on forever. It is a place that I look forward to visiting again at different times of the year to see how it changes.

1 comment:

Annie Cohn said...

It is so great that you are really taking advantage of photoshop's many possibilities. I am continuously amazed at what it can do. If you want to see some fun stuff of people doing photoshop poorly check out this blog: http://photoshopdisasters.blogspot.com/